Update - 20th April 2022
ANNUAL GENERAL MEETING
The Mid Essex Football League Annual General Meeting will be held on Thursday 23rd June 2022 commencing at 7.30pm
The Meeting will be held at The Old Chelmsfordians Sports and Social Club, Lawford Lane, Roxwell Road, Chelmsford, Essex CM1 2NS
Update - 4th April 2022
Essex Saturday Junior Trophy
Haver Town F.C. Res. 3 Cowley Community F.C. 2
Congratulations go out to Haver Town F.C. Res. who successfully lifted the Saturday Junior Trophy on Friday 1st April at Heybridge Swifts winning the game 3-2
Haver were two nil to the good after 20 minutes and added a third just before the half time interval
A nervous second half followed as Cowley reduced the arrears within ten minutes of the restart, and they added a second with around 16 minutes left on the watch, but managed to hang on to lift the trophy.
Update - 8th March 2022
MID ESSEX LEAGUE CUP FINALS 2021-2022
The Management Committee have now assigned which Cup Finals will be played on the dates we have allocated at Witham Town F.C. and White Notley F.C.
These are as follows
Following finals to be played at Witham Town F.C., 7.45pm kick off
Wednesday 23rd March - Development Division League Cup Final
Wednesday 30th March - Division One League Cup Final
Wednesday 6th April - Division Five League Cup Final
Wednesday 13th April - Division Two League Cup Final
Friday 15th April - Premier Division League Cup Final - Note this will be a 2pm kick off
Wednesday 20th April - Division Four League Cup Final
Wednesday 27th April - Division Three League Cup Final
Following finals to be played at White Notley F.C.
Saturday 30th April - Patrons Plate Cup Final - 2pm kick off
Monday 2nd May - Dave Strachan Knockout Cup Final - 11am kick off
CAN I PLEASE REMIND ALL TEAMS TO CHECK THE ELIGIBILITY OF PLAYERS FOR CUP SEMI FINALS. PLEASE REFER TO CUP RULE 5, page 53 of the Handbook
Update - 7th February 2022
MID ESSEX LEAGUE UPDATE
It is with regret that both Laindon Republic and Harold Hill Reserves have withdrawn from the Competition. Division One and Division Two respectfully
Given that both Clubs have not completed 75% of their fixtures all results have been expunged
A number of Teams are not completing their Result Sheets by Wednesday evening following fixtures played on the Saturday. We have tried the be flexible and not fine Clubs immediately to allow them a couple more days to load, however by the time we get to the following Saturday patience has worn out
This has then led to a reminder by me to load.
Going forward the Competition will simply raise a fine with an instruction to load
If that does not lead to the Result Sheet being completed within 2 days, the Sheet will be locked, and could lead to points from the fixture, or if a Cup game being awarded to your opponents
It is also noted that where Clubs are signing players on the day, Teams are not going back into the system to load these players as having played in the fixture. This could have impacts later in the season as a consequence of Cup Eligibility
CUPS - PLAYER ELIGIBILITY
As we commence the Cup Competitions this has led to questions in regards to player eligibility, which I am happy to summarise as follows
DIVISIONAL LEAGUE CUPS
A player may only participate in one divisional League Cup in any one season. Once that player has played for a team in any divisional League Cup he will be deemed to be "cup tied" and may not play for any other team or in any other divisional League Cup managed by the League, including the parent Club
To be eligible to play in a semi final,or final the player must have played in THREE Mid Essex League competitive fixtures
To be eligible to play in a Final players must be registered by the second Saturday in March
DAVE STRACHAN AND PATRONS PLATE COMPETITIONS
Player eligibility is only relevant for the knockout stages of the Competition
A player shall not play for more than one Club in the Competition
To be eligible to play in the Semi Final players must have played in THREE Mid Essex League competitive fixtures and FIVE to be eligible to play in the Final
Again in line with the above to be eligible to play in a Final players must be registered by the second Saturday in March
In relation to the Patrons Plate competition any player who has appeared in a Dave Strachan Knockout Cup knockout fixture, cannot play in this competition, and a Team may only play TWO players of senior status i.e. having played 6 or more games in a higher division, that is on the basis the player has not played in the Dave Strachan Knockout Cup
CUP FINAL DATES
These are set out below
Divisional League Cup Finals, at Witham Town F.C., kick off 7.45pm unless stated. Apart from the Premier Division Cup Final, which is being played on Friday 15th April, kick off time to be confirmed, the Fixture Secretary has yet to decide which games will be played on which dates but we hope to confirm shortly
Wednesday 30th March
Wednesday 6th April
Wednesday 13th April
Friday 15th April (Good Friday)
Wednesday 20th April
Wednesday 27th April
Wednesday 4th May
The Patrons Plate Final is scheduled for Saturday 30th April , 2pm kick off at White Notley F.C.
The Dave Strachan Final is scheduled for Monday 2nd May - 11am kick off at White Notley F.C.
A note will be circulated by the Fixture Secretary in relation to fixtures as we head towards the end of the season
We are already thinking about next season
The Competition DOES NOT go out to Clubs asking for their commitment for next season, any Club wishing to withdraw must notify the League Secretary by the 31st March 2022
As we did for this season, the Competition is not planning to schedule any fixtures for the weekend of the Preliminary and First Round of the Saturday Junior Cup or Trophy, so this may influence your decision to enter those Competitions in season 2022-2023
Enjoy the rest of the season
Update - 21st December 2021
MERRY CHRISTMAS AND A HAPPY NEW YEAR
As we approach the end of 2021, and take a brief moment to look back across the year, it has been a very challenging one for football with the continuing need to react and adapt to an ever changing landscape.
In such times it is often very easy to focus on the challenges and difficulties that have been faced and forget that whilst that is the case, football has also succeeded to move forward through the determination and commitment the volunteer workforce have for the game.
Whilst there are always aspects that collectively we wish to improve upon, credit and recognition goes to everyone who has contributed to supporting football over the past calendar year.
So, on behalf of the Mid Essex Football League the Management Committee wanted to place on record our collective thanks for your contributions and support across the year, and wish you a wonderful and enjoyable festive period.
Update - 6th September 2021
MID ESSEX LEAGUE - UPDATE
Following the first set of fixtures played yesterday, we recognised that there may be a few teething issues but a lot of these are driven by the fact that some Clubs clearly ignore my emails
Can I please point out that there is no point trying to phone me after 1pm. I Referee, so I am either travelling or preparing for my game, so if my phone rings, I will simply ignore it
I am corresponding with Club Secretaries as such it is important that if you are delegating any of the below within your Club individuals are aware of their responsibilities to avoid fines being raised
A reminder (again) of the following
1. SMS Results. There were only a couple of Clubs that failed to submit their result yesterday, but please ensure you do have the correct people set up. Results must be submitted by 7pm on the day of the fixture. If someone within your Club did not receive the SMS please advise me and I will review and check to see if they are set up. See competition rule 21.b
2. Referee Appointments. As I highlighted in my email of yesterday if you have not been appointed a Referee, or your Referee drops off your game please do not telephone the Referee Appointment Secretary, he will be aware and will re-appoint where possible. If the Competition is unable to appoint a Referee then it is up to both Clubs to agree on someone to officiate the game. The game must be played. See competition rule 23.a
3. Dave Strachan and Patrons Plate Competitions. For the Group fixtures the result after 90 minutes stands. If scores are level at 90 minutes extra time and penalties are not required. This will only come into effect for the knockout stages
4. Substitutes. Roll on roll off substitutions are permitted in all Mid Essex League fixtures. A Team can name and play up to 5 substitutes. See competition rule 20.f
5. Referee Fees. For Cup Competitions Referee fees are split 50 / 50 and must be paid to the Match Official prior to kick off. For League fixtures the Referee fee is the sole responsibility of the Home Club. Referee fees are £35.00
6. Signing Players on the Day. The Competition Registrations Secretary has sent out a note on this highlighting that up to 3 players can be signed on the day. See competition rule 18.a
7. Unfulfilled Fixtures. If a Team is unable to fulfil a fixture the defaulting Club must provide full details of the reasons for the unplayed game to the League Secretary, League Fixture Secretary and Referee Appointment Secretary. It is important that the Referee Appointment Secretary is contacted immediately as he may be able to re-appoint the Referee
8. Result Sheets. Please ensure that the relevant individual in your Club responsible for loading the Result Sheet in Full Time as the relevant log in details. The Result Sheet must be loaded by Wednesday morning.. See competition rule 21.a
THE LEAGUE HANDBOOK CAN WE FOUND ON THE LEAGUE WEBSITE www.midessex.com PLEASE REFER TO THE HANDBOOK IF YOU ARE UNSURE OF ANYTHING
Update - 31st August 2021
An Update On Player Registration - Note from The F.A.
Firstly we want to acknowledge and apologise for the challenges that you and colleagues may have faced in recent weeks with registering players for the 2021/22 season. Whilst for the majority our new system is proving to be faster and more stable, we know that for a proportion of our customers there have unfortunately been issues that have prevented registrations happening. Please rest assured that The FA’s Digital Technology and Grassroots divisions are working flat out and doing everything within our power to find resolutions to these issues.
We have been working hard to replace the player registration functionality that our legacy Whole Game System has previously provided, knowing that this no longer has the capacity, speed or functionality to meet the current needs across the game. There was a robust process to scope, design and build the new player registration approach, which is currently supporting up to 35,000 registrations a day, but there have been some underlying technical challenges.
We have made progress resolving two key issues. One related to some users facing an issue where the system is not correctly recognising that a parent/carer is linked to a player. We’ve resolved bugs related to incorrect error messages and the system flagging missing data that is actually available. We are working on the remaining ones. The other was with the page freezing when adding a new photo, which is now fixed. Our teams are continuing to work round the clock to fix issues.
We share your frustrations that the new system has not yet performed as we’d all hoped and planned, and thank our critical grassroots workforce and volunteers across the game for their continued patience. We’ll continue doing all we can to address these technical issues as immediately as possible, whilst keeping you updated on our progress.
Update - 31st August 2021
Season - Kick Off
Our season commences next Saturday as such I wish to remind all Clubs of the following:-
1. Fixture Confirmation - ALL Clubs Primary Contacts will have received email notification of their fixtures through Full Time. This all details Referee Appointments. Home Clubs MUST confirm the fixture by Tuesday at the latest. Any Club who fails to confirm the fixture with the appointed Match Official by this time, may have that Referee removed and appointed elsewhere
2. Signing on the day - A Team may sign up to 3 players on the day. Please refer to Competition rule 18.a . The required form can be download from the League website (League documents). The completed form must be sent to the League Registration Secretary. The player must be also be loaded on to the Registration platform
3. Referee Fees - The Referee fee is £35.00 and must be paid to the Match Official prior to kick off. For ALL Cup games the Match fee is shared
4. Team Sheets - All Clubs should now be in receipt of a Team Sheet Pad. The Team Sheet MUST be handed to the Match Referee 15 minutes before kick off
5. Results - The Home Club must respond to the SMS message received from Full Time, with the result of the fixture. This must be sent before 7pm. The League website has a guide for completing the SMS message. Please ensure that you have all your key contacts set up in WGS.
6. Result Sheets - These must be submitted through Full Time by Wednesday morning following the fixture at the latest. If you do not have log in details please email me and I will send through a link to set up a username and password.